Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Start

I gave my blog a new title and am kind of restarting. The title, Dear ED, I Hate You, is the beginning to a letter I hope to write to my eating disorder someday saying goodbye. When I finish treatment, I hope to be able to finish that letter. This blog will be about my hard times and good times along the way.

I guess I will maybe tell everyone a little about me. I am a 21 year old college student. I live at home with my parents. I have a job and work as much as I can to try and make ends meet. I am in love with my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. He is my rock. I love horses and being outdoors. I also love coffee, Cherry Coke Zero, and cereal. Mini Wheats are pretty much heaven in a bowl :)

I have been struggling with my eating disorder, but have been working hard to try and keep fighting. For those of you who do not know, I was diagnosed with Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS) a couple of years ago. I am going to a new treatment center closer to home starting in a couple weeks. This will be my third time switching, but finding the right fit takes time. It will be a new adventure for me. I hope it works out and is what I need. I also would like to try group therapy. I have trouble building relationships because of my eating disorder and have trouble in social situations, so a group would help me. It freaks me out, but I want to give it a try.

I hope to some day write a book about my eating disorder (ED) and my recovery. I wonder if people would actually want to read it or if it would get published? All I can do is wonder for now....

0 comments:

Post a Comment