Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paris ici que je viens!

Dreams. Everyone has them, whether you want to marry your high school sweetheart, fly to the moon, or run a marathon, we all have them. My dreams were put aside to make room for my eating disorder. I have been so focused on food and eating that I forgot all about me and what I want out of this crazy thing called life. My ED makes me so focused on what everyone else thinks and what everyone wants me to do. My ED makes me think I am being judged constantly. It even talks me into believing that my dreams are dumb and out of reach.

Today, I met with an old friend. She was my favorite high school teacher and we also traveled over seas together. We traveled to Latvia, Poland, and Lithuania. I have not seen her in four years and we met at Caribou for coffee today. What could be better than good conversation and a good latte? Not much. My ED told me many times to cancel on her and to make up an excuse not to go, but I fought it all the way and went because I wanted to. I was not going to let my ED take over today. It ended up being great and she is going to help me fulfill one of my dreams! She asked me to go back to Latvia with her next summer and then go to PARIS! Wow! I have always wanted to experience Paris and now I can. I cannot wait.

If I would have listened to my ED today and not went to meet my friend, my dream of going to Paris would most likely never have happened. As I sit in my bed tonight, I am proud I went today and stood up against my ED. It is hard and most days I do not want to do it, but I know that if I want to do anything in life or be happy, I have to. Every day my ED tells me that my dreams and my goals are dumb and unattainable, but I know anything is possible. That was proven to me today, so I better start brushing up on my French.... I'll start with the title of this post :)

1 comments:

S.A. said...

That's so awesome for you! I'm so glad you could push ED aside and go to have a good time :) That's so great for you!

Post a Comment