Sunday, January 16, 2011

Confused

I don't really know what my life is supposed to be. I feel like I need a direction or someone to tell me where to go. I feel like I am sitting in no man's land. I listen to others my age talk about the job they are striving for or the Grad school they are applying for. I have none of that. I wish I knew what my purpose was. I wish I knew what would make me the happiest. I try to live in the moment and enjoy the days as they come, but I cannot help but think about the future. I know that there is more than this. There has to be.

I have dreams every night about jobs that I left, friends that I miss, and opportunities that passed by. I try to live my life with no regrets, but I do have some. I believe everything happens for a reason and God has some grand plan for my life. I just wish I knew what it was and where I go from here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel...I've been there before. It's scary to be uncertain of the future, and it is frustrating to live with regrets. Our EDs are excellent at replaying our "failures" over and over and making us feel like we have missed opportunities.

You are here for a reason and you are right where you are supposed to be. I wish I had some better advice, but right now just be patient. Everything will work out in time.

In the mean time, take a deep breath. Life sure is confusing at times, but learning to embrace that is a part of recovery.

Hugs!

Post a Comment