Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Eye Opener

With help from someone near and dear to my heart, my boyfriend, I did an exercise to help me see myself. My eating disorder has changed the way I see myself. I have such a distorted image of myself and this exercise proves that. Anyone can do this, with help of another person. I drew an outline of what I thought I looked like first. Then I laid on top of my drawing and was traced. Here is a picture.

The colored in person is actually me and the outline behind that is what I drew first.

As you can see, my drawing is much larger than my actual size. This shocked me, because I thought I was that big, if not larger. Even though there was no way that this was fake, I still had a hard time believing what I saw. The first thing I said when I looked at this was, "Wow. That person needs to eat."

It is activities and exercises like this that really show me what is going on in my head. I was very nervous to do this, but am glad that I did. It opened my eyes a little bit to how much my ED has influenced my thoughts. I am going to try and come up with some more exercises to try. Stay tuned for more....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you babe :)

battleinmind said...

Great activity to do hun, well done. xxx

Anonymous said...

Love the idea! It's crazy how ED distorts the image that we see. Keeping pushing forward!

-Liz

Post a Comment